Easy, healthy smoothies designed in support of pregnancy and postpartum wellness (and hunger!)
Scientists have long considered nutrition during the baby's first 1,000 days a key factor in development, and that first 1,000 days starts at conception. Today, we are proud that each Lēto prenatal smoothie is designed to support the consumer and the baby.
Amanda started Lēto Foods after a snowy weekend in Northern Michigan with four friends, two of whom were pregnant. What transpired from the weekend was an obsession to find foods to help pregnant people feel great while supporting their body and baby. So, Amanda turned to a leading maternal health nutritionist, Lauren Manaker, to help develop smoothies for pregnant women grounded in evidence-based nutrition. After spending a decade advising the world's leading consumer packaged goods and healthcare companies, our Founder, Amanda, launched Lēto Foods.
It is our hope that Lēto pregnancy shakes provide empowerment and peace of mind as you embark on the journey ahead.
Lēto's healthy smoothies for pregnancy and postpartum are proudly manufactured at The Hatchery, a state-of-the-art production facility on Chicago's West Side. Lēto Foods is a proud recipient of a PepsiCo Foundation grant supporting female entrepreneurs at The Hatchery.
Lēto Nutrition Advisor
Lauren Manaker, MS, RDN, LD, CLEC, CPT, is an award-winning registered dietitian nutritionist, certified lactation educator counselor, and book author. She specializes in women's health and holds a position on the executive committee of the Women's Health DPG of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics. Lauren earned nutrition degrees from the University of Florida, Rush University, and University of California, San Diego.
Lēto Smoothie Ingredients
Ingredients chosen for pregnancy and breastfeeding diet needs
- Focus on benefit-packed superfood smoothie ingredients with whole fruits and vegetables.
- Mix of protein, fiber, and healthy fat to keep you feeling satisfied with a pregnancy and postpartum smoothie.
- We avoided ingredients if research caused question during and after pregnancy.
Nutrients that pregnant and postpartum people often lack
- 100mg of supplemental choline, a prenatal vitamin during pregnancy and postpartum that many don't get enough of.
- Ingredients with iron, plus ingredients with vitamin C to help absorption. Why? Some experience iron deficiency anemia during pregnancy.
Sourcing with your health in mind
- Most produce is frozen at the source to maintain maximum nutrients.
- We opt for organic whenever possible.
- We source clean smoothie ingredients that are non-GMO, dairy free, gluten free, and have no added sugar.